AJA T-Tap Pro
Thunderbolt™ 3 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 Output 4K/HD with 12/10-bit and HDR
T-TAP Pro is the newest generation of AJA’s proven T-TAP, featuring the latest 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 connectivity for working with up to 4K or UltraHD 60p video over a single cable. This allows for easy output of deep color, high frame rate, SDR and HDR video to a wide range of pro and consumer monitors and devices, all at the highest 10- and 12-bit quality. T-TAP Pro is a compact, silent device that delivers next generation mobile monitoring capabilities to any supported Thunderbolt 3 enabled system.
- 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 connectivity for working with 4K or UltraHD over a single cable up to 60p
- SDI output supports 12G-SDI, 6G-SDI, 3G-SDI, 1.5G-SDI and 270Mbit
- 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD/SD Output/Monitoring up to 50/60p
- 1x 12G-SDI BNC with 16-channel embedded audio
- 1x HDMI 2.0 with 8-channel embedded audio
- 1x Thunderbolt 3 connector
- Compact, silent, mobile form-factor with Front-panel Audio Levels Reference Display
- RGB 4:4:4 12-bit, YCbCr 4:2:2 10-bit and HFR workflows supported
- 4K Closed Caption Support
- VPID signaling for SDR/HDR Transfer Characteristics, Colorimetry and Luminance via SDI
- PQ, HLG, HDR10, HDR 10+ and Dolby Vision Support
- HDR Metadata Auto Playback Detection
- Includes support for the new Apple M1 chip
- Headphone jack and quick access audio level control for mobile or live environments
- Thunderbolt, Power and Bitfile Connection Status Indicators
- Power Supply Included
- 3 Year Warranty
T-TAP Pro Overview Video
Learn how T-TAP Pro is the perfect fit across multiple production scenarios, including on-set, remote, in an editing bay, at a live event or wherever you and your team need high-quality and reliable video output that offers next generation workflow compatibility.
New Apple M1 Chip Support
Desktop Software v16.1 and above is optimized for the new Apple M1 chip with native support for AJA macOS drivers, application plug-ins, AJA Control Room, AJA Control Panel, AJA System Test and AJA NMOS software.
10- and 12-bit,
up to UltraHD and 4K 60p
AJA’s T-TAP Pro provides video professionals with an inexpensive, extremely compact device that utilizes the power of Thunderbolt 3 to deliver high-quality 10- and 12-bit up to UltraHD or 4K 60p video and embedded audio output from any compatible Mac or PC.
T-TAP Pro directly supports HDR dependent monitoring workflows across a number of HDR formats, including HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma), PQ and HDR10, with support for Dolby Vision possible via additional third party application integration.
AJA’s Desktop software v16 now offers HDR over SDI with VPID signaling of SDR and HDR characteristics. A new HDR Tab in AJA Control Panel, now signals HDR over both SDI and HDMI simultaneously.
For playback, AJA Control Room reads HDR metadata embedded in .mov files and uses that to auto-set Control Panel to signal HDR accordingly, simplifying the workflow chain.
With T-TAP Pro and the appropriately captured/rendered HDR files, AJA Control Room can automatically detect the HDR format and T-TAP Pro can automatically adjust it’s output accordingly via both 12G-SDI or HDMI.
4K Closed Caption Support
AJA Control Room
- Supports CEA-608 or 608-in-708 via ANC extraction firmware
Avid & Adobe Plugins
- All SMPTE-291 (ANC) based captions supported
- Adobe Premiere supports native 708 if the raw data is available. For instance in the Adobe plug-ins we handle the case where Premiere hands us full 708 data, we just pass it through to the device
- Avid Media Composer supports active video ANC (line 21) or ANC via ANC extractor/inserter (up to UHD/4K)
Thunderbolt 3 Connectivity
Simple to set up and use, T-TAP Pro’s Thunderbolt 3 port easily connects to a wide range of Apple and Windows laptops and desktops, providing instant professional video and audio output from your favorite creative application.
Thunderbolt 3 is ubiquitous across both Mac and Windows computers, and supports the massive bandwidth needed for professional 4K video, audio, data and more.
T-TAP Pro features 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 outputs. The SDI output can be used to feed professional monitors or recording gear, while the HDMI output is able to feed directly into consumer HDMI monitors. Both HDMI and SDI are active at all times, so you can simultaneously work with professional and consumer monitors.
T-TAP Pro offers immense power in a very small footprint and features industrial design for silent desktop operation. This workflow example shows T-TAP Pro at the heart of a feature rich system, with a host laptop providing Thunderbolt 3 connectivity between the two. Broad software support means that T-TAP Pro can output video from the timeline of your NLE or post production software simultaneously via the 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 outputs, here shown as an AJA Ki Pro Ultra 12G digital video recorder and a standard 4K/HDR compliant HDMI consumer monitor. Streaming content can also be enhanced, allowing an editor to share their NLE timeline output directly with viewers in real-time, at any resolution required up to 4K 60p via the appropriate third party software.
Flexible Audio Control
With T-TAP Pro, a 3.5mm stereo analog audio connection is available on the front left of the device for headphone monitoring. This is an invaluable feature for editors or digital artists working from home, easily creating privacy with no compromise to performance. You’re able to plug in headphones directly, or else route the signal to an external analog audio mixer for more options. T-TAP Pro provides an elegant solution to monitoring audio with off-the-shelf tools readily available, and also avoiding cumbersome dis-embedding.
As with other AJA Thunderbolt-connected devices, the monitor audio presented is selected via AJA Control Panel and is controlled via the Audio Setup Tab. Any pair of channels can be monitored from 1&2 to 7&8 up to 15&16 with a single click and selection. The diagram above shows the signal flow and control options for T-TAP Pro.
The front panel of the T-TAP Pro also features audio reference meters to further enhance it’s monitoring capabilities.
Extensive Software Support
T-TAP Pro is compatible with a broad array of software, including but not limited to Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Applications such as Premiere Pro and After Effects, plus Avid Media Composer and Pro Tools. AJA’s driver support ensures that you are up and running with the latest releases, with an ongoing commitment to future updates and enhancements via free, new firmware updates.
T-TAP Pro Operating Systems Compatibilities
macOS Support for 11.0 (Big Sur), 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14 (Mojave).
Windows 10 and updates.
Host Systems Compatibilities
Desktop Software v16.1 comes with a wide range of tested configurations to help you make an informed choice based on requirements.
- (4K) 4096 x 2160p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 47.95, 48, 50, 59.94, 60
- (UltraHD) 3840 x 2160p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
- (2K) 2048 x 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 47.95, 48, 50, 59.94, 60
- (2K) 2048 x 1080PsF 23.98, 24, 25
- (HD) 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
- (HD) 1080PsF 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- (HD) 1080i 50, 59.94, 60
- (HD) 720p 50, 59.94, 60
- (SD) 625i 50
- (SD) 525i 59.94
Note: High Frame Rate and 4K/UltraHD capabilities are dependent on host system attributes. Not all systems and configurations will support all frame rates and raster sizes.• Operating Altitude: <3,000 meters (<10,000 feet)
Video Outputs Digital
- 12G-SDI*, SMPTE-2082, 12-bit*, 10-bit
- 6G-SDI*, SMPTE-2081, 10-bit
- 3G-SDI, SMPTE 425
- RGB 4:4:4 12-bit*, YCbCr 4:2:2 10-bit
- 1.5G-SDI, SMPTE 292M
- Single Link HD-SDI YCbCr 4:2:2 10-bit
- Dual Link RGB 4:4:4 12-bit*, Dual-Link YCbCr 4:2:2 10-bit
- 270 Mbps SDI, SMPTE 259M-C
- YCbCr 4:2:2 10-bit, 8-bit
- HDMI v2.0
- 30/36-bits/pixel, RGB or YUV, 6 Gbps per color component
- 4K, UltraHD, 2K, HD and SD with HFR support up to 60p (4:2:2), 10-bit and 8-bit
*Bit depth support is application dependent. Check with your software manufacturer for compatibility.
- SDI: VPID signaling for SDR/HDR Transfer Characteristics, Colorimetry and Luminance
- HDMI: HDR10 Support – HDR Infoframe metadata, compatible with HDMI 2.0a/CTA-861.3
- HDMI: HLG Support – compatible with HDMI 2.0b/CTA-861-G
Note: HDR support is application dependent. Check with your software manufacturer for compatibility.
Audio Outputs Digital
- 16-channel, 24-bit SDI embedded audio, 48 kHz sample rate, synchronous
- 8-channel, 24-bit HDMI embedded audio, 48 kHz sample rate, synchronous
Audio Outputs Analog
- 2-channel, 18-bit D/A analog audio, 48 kHz sample rate, unbalanced, using standard 3.5mm jack
- 1.2V RMS full scale digital output level (0 dBFS)
Size (w x d x h)
- 5.0″ x 1.0″ x 5.0″ (127.0 x 25.4 x 127.0 mm)
- 06 lb (0.23 kg)
- 18W Max
- Safe Operating Temperature: 0 to 35 C (32 to 95 F)
- Safe Storage Temperature (Power OFF): -40 to 60 C (-40 to 140 F)
- Operating Relative Humidity: 10-90% noncondensing
- Operating Altitude: <3,000 meters (<10,000 feet)